Let’s start with the fact that the gambling industry capitalization reached about $250 billion in the iGaming sector in 2021. Today, the salaries of IT specialists have already reached the $10,000 level, while the gambling companies offer beginner HR managers with no experience from $1,000. All this affects the migration to the industry from different areas. You can often meet employees of financial or insurance companies in new positions in the gaming niche.
When deciding to change the direction of work, you must understand that success comes with time, and the wider the functionality and the greater the responsibility – the higher the salary. Knowledge of English and relevant work experience of 2-3 years may increase the salary range.
What Specialists are most in-Demand in the iGaming Industry?
The high demand for IT specialists is caused by both the legalization of casinos, the high pace of digitalization, and various Winter Moolah ratings causing increased competition between the operators. In particular, the following experts are in great demand:
- Developers – new offline casinos with the latest technologies are regularly opened in large cities. On the other hand, the global trend towards going online is increasing. This stimulates a high demand for developers;
- Web designers – 2D artists and illustrators occupy second place in terms of popularity. The client of any business is already accustomed to the high quality of the visual component of the product, and any project needs to adapt to this level;
- Testers, business analysts, sales managers, and marketers close the list of the most in-demand specialists in the field of gambling.
Salaries in iGaming
In this industry, those who work specifically in online gambling can count on a large amount in the contract, since different and more complex technologies are used than in the offline format. One of the latest studies showed that the average salary in the IT sector is $2,000-3,000. In particular:
- PHP developer receives from $2,000 to $4,000+;
- Technical support engineer – up to $2,500;
- QA engineer – from $1,300 to $3,000;
- Tableau developer – from $2,000 to $3,500;
Web designers, and more specifically, specialists such as 2D Artists, Unity Animators, and Graphic Designers earn up to $3000 depending on the professional level. As for the salaries of the Product Owner, Account Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, we observe the following trend: the salary can start from $1,500 for a Middle Account Sales Manager and reach $4,500+ for a Senior Product Owner or Senior Analyst.
According to our data, top management salaries in the industry reach $10,000, but the conditions differ in many ways. For example, the same probation period for middle-level developers, marketers, or artists is on average 1-3 months, while for C-level, as a rule, it is six months.
iGaming is full of opportunities for rapid career growth, as the field is hospitable to new ideas. The industry is interested in cultivating specialists, so career growth should be expected after 1-2 years of work.