Recently, technological advancement has taken place in almost all sectors. Complex and helpful technology that we value today is becoming more and more obsolete through the introduction of updates and iterations on currently used systems. New technology is expensive, but generally worth the cost due to the increased productivity it provides at home and in the workplace. Technological innovation experts have named a few technological developments that will change operations in 2021. Below is a discussion of some incredible innovations to look out for in 2021 and beyond.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is expected to play a major role in improving healthcare. Wearables that provide quick diagnosis solutions and health monitoring are expected to increase in popularity. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increased interest in this form of tech, an interest that will inevitably lead to a higher rate of innovation. Such innovations are predicted to not only monitor bodily functions, but also analyze and identify how people talk and write. Information provided by these wearables will enable users and doctors to track the development of diseases, mental disorders, and learning difficulties.
- Specialists at Gartner Inc, a global tech research and advisory firm, have outlined that the world is destined to be connected by an intelligent digital mesh. This connection will allow devices, content, services, and people to freely interact. This proposed digital mesh, as well as AI, remains one of the most untapped tech innovations the world is yet to witness. Most industries are expected to be transformed by artificial intelligence in 2021 and beyond.
- In 2021, machine learning and AI will be incorporated into a wide range of devices. Crop harvesting robots, as well as smart medical equipment, headline some of the innovations expected in coming years. AI will also start to become directly integrated with households across the world, potentially serving as the brain an entire home. Not quite the Jetsons, but we’re getting closer! AI will be able to learn the habits of occupants, coordinating multiple smart gadgets and anticipating their mood automate home devices accordingly. Examples include certain music being played in the morning when we wake, or ambient lighting coordinated with the opening of a bottle of wine! Paul Daugherty, head of Innovation and Technology at Accenture, notes that the rise AI will coincide with huge investment by businesses seeking to remain competitive moving into the future, as the barrier between humans and machines continues to get smaller.
Internet of Things
- Projections outline that the continued development of 5G networks will lead to greater experiences of the Internet of Things. The tech hub of Silicon Valley continues to develop new and innovative smart connections to devices. Paul Daugherty adds that the Internet of Things will be essential in some sectors such as advanced computing, 5G, and data-analytics. In 2021, big data and other technologies that facilitate the processing of information will continue to become increasingly prevalent.
Virtual Computing and Edge Computing
- In Australia, a wide range of scientists, programmers, and computer experts – operating out of flexible workspace in Perth and other major cities – are striving to ensure that the advancement of these two concepts continues throughout 2021 and beyond. These tech innovations will make it easier to monitor and analyze various computing systems to discover new opportunities – planned through simulations – in order to prevent future problems. Advances in edge computing are expected to allow the collection and delivery of information to be streamlined. The adoption of edge computing looks to be facilitated though the application of mobile devices. In 2021, various firms will examine how these technologies can be used to improve employee productivity.
Ecosystems and Platforms
- Accenture notes that the ecosystem economy will significantly advance in 2021. Businesses will transform their products, operations, and markets, to meet the ever-changing demands of consumers and the world around them. For instance, Spain is expected to continue developing technological innovations within the food processing industry. Such developments in agriculture will play a great role in ensuring sustainability and energy efficiency. Technology that will lead to improved consumption habits and environment friendly waste management will play a large role in 2021 and beyond.