Do you know why search result page design is so important for promoting your website? If visitors can’t discover what they’re looking for quickly, they’ll go to your competitors. Popular search engines use one of the most convenient options. The search bar is at the top of the page. It is visually distinguished. While this design is not the only one that is acceptable, it must be admitted that it meets all the criteria for search results UI / UX. To prevent your search results page design from repelling visitors, contact a professional motion graphics company. Specialists will increase the conversion of the resource thanks to competent approaches. Your clients will be grateful for the user-friendly interface and quick search.
A Search Page Design
A search results page is information requested by the visitor. It could be one answer, multiple choices in a list, or nothing. In case no matches are found, it is extremely important to offer the guest an alternative. Otherwise, he will definitely not be your client. The search bar is implemented by online stores or very voluminous corporate sites. Otherwise, it will only clutter up the interface. Typically, users are offered two types of information search on the site:
- Using filters;
- Directly through the search bar.
The search bar design should be as catchy as possible. A user who has just entered the page should immediately understand where to enter the request. It is also wise to place your search bar template above all pages on your site. Thus, the visitor does not need to return to the main menu every time. If the product you are viewing does not match any criteria, you can immediately set up a new search query.
SERPs are Substantial
It’s important to pay attention to more than just search bar design. The user should get the results in a convenient format. For example, if he was looking for products of a certain category, it is good if the site gives them one list. The ability to filter the results also comes in handy:
- By price;
- By popularity;
- By manufacturers;
- By the presence of any characteristic.
The default options for presenting information are grid and list. Some sites allow users to choose one format or another.
How to Optimize Your Search Results Page?
To create an optimal page, you need to track site statistics. User behavior will help you determine the optimal combination of site characteristics for your project. Remember the importance of user experience. But don’t forget about the ultimate goal of the site. You need to strike a balance of interests. How to do it?
- Pay attention to the behavior of the guests of the resource. It’s not just conversion that needs to be analyzed. An important indicator is the number of refusals. Analyze the number and behavior of people who left the site after 30 seconds and after 1 minute.
- Customize the search results to suit your specific business requirements. If any goods or services of the site are in the greatest demand, you can artificially raise them up. For example, when entering a page, people should see these positions without a search query. Conversion rates can suffer if a person doesn’t find the product they want. This can happen if the site has a very large assortment (more than 1000 items).
- Provide easy navigation. The more options you offer to filter a product, the more chances the user will find the product they need. Filtration options:
- By article;
- By price;
- By manufacturer;
- By language of description (for international platforms);
- According to technical characteristics.
If a user can filter the search results by descending or ascending price, as well as by popularity, this will add comfort.