The Internet of Things market is developing at a rapid pace around the world, and, according to analysts, as early as next year, it may exceed a total capitalization of $ 1 trillion. Technologies based on IoT cloud platforms, involve the installation of sensors on physical objects, the organization of switching between them and actuators, as well as the introduction of software that allows you to quickly process incoming information in automatic mode, or notify the user in time about the occurrence of an emergency.
What is IoT Technology and what Platforms Exist for Such an Innovative System to Work?
IoT technology is an intellectual product developed and implemented in business process management, which implies the following functions:
· Collection of information for their storage for the required period, as well as efficient processing to achieve the goals.
· The ability to control remote physical objects intended for data collection, on which special sensors are installed.
· Installation and commissioning with the further operation of the software in cloud systems or on internal servers.
· Ensuring that the installed software is compatible with third parties related to the technology owner’s business.
It is cloud technologies that make it possible to optimize the creation and implementation of an intellectual product to eliminate the need to create the entire operating environment in the internal system.
What is the IoT Platform Required for?
The IoT platform installed in the company owned by the reserve is required to achieve the following goals:
· Analysis of the effectiveness of the business plan, verification of the correct implementation of the previously developed idea in servicing customers and other stakeholders, including the collection of user feedback to further adjust and improve the platform.
· The ability to adjust the settings of ready-made products that are initially created to manage business processes, allows you to save a lot on the early stages of investing in business development.
· The ability to ensure the absolute security of the personal data of the end-user, encrypting accounts with digital codes, significantly increases customer confidence and contributes to the rapid growth of the business.
All modern cloud platforms based on IoT technology assume the presence of the above features and eliminate the increased risk of cyber-attacks. The popularity of the Internet of Things is also explained by savings on the company’s working capital since the business owner requires a minimum of service personnel to implement all processes and ensure control over them.
TOP 8 of the Best and most Demanded to Cloud IoT Platforms
In the IT market, it is fashionable to meet not only services for the development of individual IoT platforms, but also ready-made, time-tested intelligent products, the most popular of which are described below:
· Amazon IoT. An excellent product from a well-known supplier with a worldwide reputation. It is easy to use, error-free, and has virtually unlimited scalability as the user’s business expands. The platform is integrated into both commercial structures and large industrial enterprises, regardless of their field of activity.
· Things Board IoT. A well-known platform that provides the collection and analysis of telemetry data, and also integrates with many types of software, which will allow you to read the received data in real-time from almost any executive device. The platform is horizontally scalable, which allows you to defragment or recycle databases without reshuffling or disrupting the system.
· Microsoft Azure IoT. IoT cloud platform from one of the oldest software developers in the world. This platform has two strengths. The first advantage is the ability to process information at all stages of business process control, without intermediate intervention at the stage of interaction between sensors and actuators. The second reason why users choose this IoT system is the highest level of user security, as well as the protection of personal accounts.
· Google IoT. This platform is one of the most advanced among the intellectual products of competitors, as users get an excellent opportunity to process the information they are interested in from sensors on physical objects anywhere in the world, they are guided by the Google Maps service. The Google IoT service also offers rich analytics across business processes, customer growth, and other important statistics that provide insight into company growth, investment performance, and estimated product ROI.
· Oracle IoT. This developer is one of the world leaders in creating platforms for storing and processing user data. Oracle has innovative systems that ensure the complete security of all business processes, and the protection of transactions and other sensitive data, which eliminates the danger of cyber-attacks. Another significant advantage of this system is the ability to install it on almost any stationary device or mobile device.
· IBM Watson IoT. This ready-made platform is distinguished by its decentralized and flexible architecture. The user purchases individual software components that can be combined into the most appropriate and suitable platform for his requirements. IBM has one of the most extensive cloud storage, multi-layered security, real-time data processing, and instant analytics on a PC screen using a user-friendly interface that even an inexperienced user can understand.
· Salesforce IoT. A unique technology that is fundamentally different from all other platforms presented above. The software architecture is built in such a way that the entire algorithm of work is focused on achieving the interests of the end client. Business management using this platform will ensure rapid expansion of the clinical base, access to payback, and profit.
· Cisco IoT. Even though this manufacturer has not yet reached the level of the developers described above, it has already introduced to the market a complete IoT system that is integrated into the cloud storage, can be scaled, allows you to read the results in real belts, and also has the highest level of security. Given that this brand is not as well-known as IBM or Microsoft, the cost of a turnkey IoT solution from Cisco will cost consumers significantly less, which is especially relevant for small and medium-sized businesses.
Many developer companies offer customized solutions based on IoT technology using the off-the-shelf platforms listed above, providing additional add-ons and options, which at the same time allow you to combine the quality of a well-known developer, time-tested with a convenient user interface and take into account the specifics of the IT company’s customer business.