An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is predominantly used for protecting critical loads against problems arising from the mains supply. Such issues include unwarranted spikes, voltage fluctuations, current dips, and in some cases, total power failures. This is where an Uninterruptible power supply system saves the day!
You will find various companies providing different options for UPS solutions, but you must do your research and explore possibilities from leading and reputable electrical providers such as Schneider Electric UK. They offer a range of uninterruptible power supply products for different needs. We have detailed three of them below:
1. Easy UPS 3L
Schneider Electric’s Easy UPS 3L is part of the three-phase Easy UPS line. It is a simple to configure, use, and service three-phase, 500-600 kVA uninterruptible power supply product that provides high predictability and availability to industrial and commercial applications, and large and medium colocation facilities and data centers.
The device’s fault-tolerant build streamlines service and installation. Its compact size saves valuable space, and its high-efficiency rate offers predictability to your utility expenses.
Easy UPS 3L presents a combination of highly available redundant and parallel designs, compact footprint, and competitive specifications. It is thus a great option for business continuity in your data center, electrical room, or shop floor. Schneider Electric offers start-up service to boost your system’s safety, quality, and performance.
2. Galaxy VS
Galaxy VS is a simple-to-deploy, modular, and efficient 10 to 50 kW (208 V), 10 to 150 kW (400 V), and 20 to 100 kW (480 V) 3-phase uninterruptible power supply which provides excellent performance for medium, small, and edge data centers, and crucial infrastructure in industrial and commercial plants.
The system’s fault-tolerant build, N+1 redundancy, high-density make, and compact design maximize vital load protection, operational efficiency, and availability while reducing TCO (total cost of ownership).
This uninterrupted power supply system uses patented technologies to offer up to 97% efficiency in the standard operating method and up to 99% in the ECOnversion method, which can help you save up to 66% more in energy costs. Galaxy VS is compatible with EcoStruxure to offer you convenience and peace of mind anywhere, anytime.
This uninterruptible power supply product has integrated batteries to improve footprint and present highly predictable runtimes to crucial loads. The vendor offers start-up service to enhance performance, and the system’s high quality and robust design make it the perfect support platform for your vital infrastructure.
3. Galaxy VX
Functions: 500 to 1500kW N+1
Schneider Electric’s Galaxy VX UPS is a high-performance, scalable product that is part of the Galaxy V-Series applications, built for large industrial and data center applications:
- Meet changing business needs and decrease your energy expenses as you can get up to 99% efficiency in the ECOnversion method.
- Install and quickly deploy your uninterruptible power supply system.
- Deliver top-notch power quality in exacting electrical environments.
- You can manage your power needs from any place. Galaxy VX supports remote and local communication through Modbus, web interface, touchscreen, and Schneider Electric’s StruxureWare for Data Center Expert product.
- Capable of parallel capacity – Boosts total power capacity by simultaneously utilizing several uninterruptible power supply systems.
- Compatible with Schneider’s lithium-ion battery product – Minimizes system weight and footprint, maintenance, cooling requirements, and TCO. Has double the lifespan of VRLA batteries; enhances backup storage manageability and predictability.
- Internal backfeed protection – Improves system defense against electricity anomalies.
- Parallel-redundant capability – Power the linked equipment with several uninterruptible power supplies to improve system redundancy
- Flexibility in energy storage – Traditional modular and flooded battery product accommodates various charging methods to facilitate customization for specific backup needs.
- Multiple service levels – You can select from individual or package service components
- StruxureOn compatible – Simplify operation and maintenance of your equipment by using cloud-based, vendor-neutral services and software
- Front-access servicing – Streamlines installation and maintenance of the uninterruptible power supply system while reducing space requirements.
- Compatible with StruxureWare Data Center Expert – Facilitates centralized management through the StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
- Inclusion of 5×8 Start-up service – Needed for full factory warranty coverage
- Robust function – No current derating in kW up to 104 degrees F or 40 degrees C.
- ECO mode – A working method that bypasses unutilized electrical elements in ideal power conditions to deliver excellent operating efficiency while ensuring protection
- Correction of input power factor – Reduces installation expenses by allowing the utilization of smaller cabling and generators.
- ECOnversion method – Operating method that delivers high efficiency in conditioning the power load factor, charging the batteries, and ensuring a Class 1 output voltage standard.
- Wide range of input voltage – Built for demanding electrical environments to extend battery life.
Now that you know about some of the top Uninterruptible Power Supply products, remember to get in touch with a licensed electrical professional to determine the exact requirements in terms of load and the suitable type of UPS systems. Experts can help you pick the best UPS products and also help with the installations!