With time the ways to conduct the workings of an enterprise have also changed. Today we are more than just stuck with traditional buying and selling but have more diverse concepts. Most markets need to be more cluttered, requiring you to have some unique features to stand out in the crowd. Businesses conduct multiple meetings and conferences that favor the company’s growth. These discussions are stored in archives, which are taken out whenever needed.
But the management of the documents and content, all manually, can involve loss of it.
Enterprise Content Management System is a collection of functions that form multifaceted tools to manage your important content and documents. This broad umbrella concept includes a wide range of services ensuring your company’s essential files and documents are safe. The ECM Platform functions effectively with the help of well-developed CMS software. A good set of core content management features in an ECM system makes it more effective and suitable for your enterprise. It is up to the company to choose amongst a wide range of parts, fitting according to the company’s needs.
Below we have listed five essential features that an Enterprise Content Management System must have to elevate the business proceedings and growth.
- Assured Collaboration: The sudden arrival of the pandemic has rapidly changed the working style. The employees had to move their work set up from the company building to their homes overnight. Before, working from home was a privilege some employees could receive, but the pandemic made it standard. The employees had to adapt quickly to the new situation and look at the global market from an all-new viewpoint. They needed to share documents online with other employees so that they could carry on with their work. But sharing such important and sensitive content online through emails is only partially safe. This factor makes it difficult for companies to keep track of the edits and authorizations performed on a particular document. ECM Platform uses several functions such as version control, granular access permissions, and document encryptions that assure a secure collaboration. The employees can use such features to work from any location without fearing losing information or document tampering.
- Manages Documents: Primarily, an Enterprise Content Management System that deals with the company’s essential documents and information and keeps it safe. It effectively replaces the need to file the data manually. Document Management is a critical feature for any ECM Platform as it includes complex security features, search functionality, document version control, audit tracking capabilities, and indexing that makes up for the majority of the work of the business in dealing with the content and documents.
- Automating the Work: With the advancements in science and technology, most businesses have moved to automated proceedings of most of their work. Human work often involves errors. Organizations today try to automate the mundane daily business proceedings that require no brain use. Instead, the employees are interested in bringing out new and innovative ideas that will alleviate the company’s growth in the market. From simple processes based on metadata through document approvals to automating complex business proceedings, ECM does it all very effectively. This automation of document management not only assures its security but fastens the daily functions of the enterprise.
- Record Management: Managing the records safely and securely is an essential feature of Enterprise Management Software. Businesses do not keep all the documents for a lifetime. They keep some records for a certain period to adhere to legal requirements and compliance management. Record Management of ECM solution includes innovative document retention and disposition functions. The Record Management module should be an integral part of the ECM solution as it ensures the immutability of the contents, strengthens compliance by applying and controlling schedules, governs records, and manages associated risks. Ensuring perfect document management saves the company from any compliance or litigation crisis.
- Reliable Cyber Security: Trustworthy security is essential for choosing the right CMS platform. Cyber-attacks have become very common, especially when documents are dealt with online. Good cyber security protects the customer’s data and the company’s other sensitive information.
Choosing the right ECM platform smoothens the company’s work and helps the business achieve its desired goals. The five features mentioned above are essential and primary for a good Enterprise Content Management System. With these features, you can deal hassle-free with the company’s content from any location.