Air, water and land are the basic needs of human life. With the presence of these things on earth, made this planet worth living for human beings. Water covers 71 percent of earth’s surface. Out of which 96.5 percent of water is covered by oceans and only 3.5 percent of water is ground water which is fit for drinking. Water is present everywhere, it is present in air in the form of vapors. It is present in liquid form in lakes, seas and oceans. It is present in ice form near the poles. To survive in this world humans, animals and even plants need adequate amount of water.
It is said that an average adult human body contains 50-65 percentage of water. And human brain contains approximately 70 percent of water. So it is very essential to drink a lot of water so that brain functions in the best possible way. According to some research an adult human should drink 8-12 glass of water per day. Following are reasons why we should drink adequate amount of water are listed below:
- It increases the brain power. As it is told before also brain holds the maximum part of water in our body. Drinking more water will help you to think more and be more concentrated towards your work.
- It flushes out toxins which are inside our body. As we will drink adequate amount of water, toxins are removed from our body through sweat and urination. Consumption of water reduces the risk of bladder cancer as toxins are being removed from the body timely.
- It also helps to make your immune system stronger. As the amount of water is more in your body. It will help to carry oxygen to all body’s cell.
- Drinking adequate amount of water prevents headaches. As water is important for the functioning of brain. If it performs well, there will be relief from headaches.
- It also helps you to regulate the body temperature. Sweat is made up of water. Sweat is the natural cooling system. So water is very important so that we can be able to sweat in order to regulate body’s temperature.
- Drinking enough water will also help you to feel good. As water makes our internal organ to work properly, if they are working proper automatically we will feel good.
- Drinking a lot of water will sort out your stomach related problems like constipation.
- Drinking adequate amount of water will also help you to reduce weight.
Now the question arises, what kind of water we should drink. Either cold water or hot water. Many doctors recommend you to drink hot water over cold water. Drinking hot water has its own benefits like it does not allow the fat to deposits. Even it makes your skin glowing. Have you seen Japanese people. The reason behind their fitness and glowing skin is hot water. They always drink hot water. People in summers drink cold water. But drinking cold water is not good for health. It instantly cools down the body temperature which not a good thing. It was cough, cold and even fever. So if it is not possible to drink hot water in summers, try to drink water at room temperature.
According to some facts, it is stated that we should not drink water while we are standing. We should always drink water when we are sitting. Drinking water while standing causes trouble in the lower region of esophagus. Even the water is not absorbed by the organs. So this is the reason why we should drink water while we are sitting.
Today there is big problem of water pollution. Even our ground water is also getting effected because of this. Many diseases are being spread because of the contamination in the water. Even the water is divided into two parts i.e Soft and Hard water. Hard water is contain small solid minerals that can cause problems for like deposits in the taps etc. On the other hand soft water doesn’t have any negative effect as no such minerals are present in it. It is a new trend that water softener devices are being inserted with the taps which have direct supply of ground water.
Many people now a days there is a new trend in market of the water purifiers. Actually it has become a basic need for all. As the drinking water is contaminated. So these water purifiers, purifies water and make water fit for drinking. In earlier times when there were no water purifiers, people used to store water in big clay pots or copper judges. It is believed that water kept in clay pot or copper jug is a purified water. Even the water kept in them absorbs good minerals which are good for our health. People who want to improve their digestive system or want to lose weight must drink water kept in copper jug, early in the morning.
Water purifying machines are installed everywhere. There are many companies in market who manufactures these purifying machines.. But if you see the reality which is second side of the coin. We all are habitual of drinking purified water. If saves us from the unwanted particles present in the water but every machine has its own side ffects. Drinking purified water on daily basis has a side effect. We are not able to get the natural minerals which are present in water and are good for health. Actually we drink the water which has artificial minerals. All these purifiers separate the natural minerals which are good for health. Even these purifiers machines waste a lot of water while purifying the water.
Water is a natural gift of Nature. Today mankind is facing a lot of problems like global warming, pollution, acid rain, ozone depletion, etc. These problems arise because man is misusing these gift of nature. If these problems are not taken seriously, they will get more harsh to face. Many international and national steps are being taken to control these problems. We should conserve our natural environment. If we will be good to nature, nature will be good to us. keep your surroundings neat and clean, to live a healthy life. Conserve Environment, Conserve water.