With a whopping 93% of B2B marketers using content marketing, it is hardly surprising that guest content distribution is a key factor in successful SEO & digital PR.
Further SEO and Marketing Guru Neil Patel reports that:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing while generating 3 times more leads.
- Content marketing adopters see a 6 times higher conversion rate as compared to non-adopters.
- 82% of marketers engaged in blogging see a positive inbound marketing ROI.
- 93% of marketers see that interactive content is more effective.
- 61% of businesses do not have a documented content marketing strategy.
- For 60% of people producing content consistently is a difficult task.
So, while businesses and marketers want to use their content to build their brand and rank their website, most don’t know how to do this as they lack a content marketing strategy which outlines which content to produce and where to get it published for the best SEO and marketing outcomes.
Hence we have put together 5 ways in which top marketing and SEO agencies can help you attract more customers through effective content production and distribution.
1. Write content with your buyer’s journey in mind
Whenever you plan to get a guest post, a press or news release or an interview published, you need to create content that your target prospect needs and wants and that is aligned with their purchase journey to increase the likelihood of conversions.
A content marketing or SEO agency will help you identify your main branding message, how to convert it into engaging content which is suitable for the websites or publications to get it published effectively.
They can help you with finding the most suitable guest post publication platforms to expose the uniquely written content to the right audience for the best SEO and conversion outcomes.
It is important to understand which guest publication format works best for each platform to deliver your branding message as effectively as possible. Often marketers don’t utilise the opportunities such websites offer such as:
- adding targeted hyperlinks to pages that convert
- adding branded images/graphics/infographics for better brand recognition
- adding/embedding videos suitable for the content provided by their brand
- adding/embedding social media posts relevant for the content
These are missed opportunities in content marketing and experts can offer the best support possible for the best utilisation of content distribution activities and channels.
2. Plan and strategize your content
Picture this: You sell ice cream and right at the beginning of summer, your peak season, your company launches a new ice cream flavour no one else offers.
Now how do you create blog and guest posts, social media campaigns, marketing emails, infographics, videos, or podcasts for the newly launched product to ensure that you create awareness before the season is over?
You have two options:
- Plan, prepare and publish the content yourself, across all the channels your company runs, which will probably take a couple of months and your content will go live after the peak season is over.
- Get the support of a content marketing agency that will help you create quality content that gets effectively published on the right distribution channels to ensure the timely delivery and boost your sales before the peak season ends.
In marketing a big chunk of online success depends on the right timing of marketing campaigns. Therefore, content needs to be created in advance to go live at the right moment when the target audience looks for it the most.
Often content distribution channels have a longer turnaround time and this also needs to be considered.
3. Cost-effective and unique marketing solutions
Outsourcing content marketing is usually cheaper than getting it done in-house as agencies offer more competitive rates for content creation and publication as they often have bulk orders and achieve lower rates.
Not all your prospects are active on the same platforms. Some enjoy social media content, some prefer long-form content. Not all of them search for the same keywords.
In short: your buyers and their needs vary. And to meet all of their needs and capture them as leads, you need to make sure that your content targets the right keywords, uses the most convincing arguments and is shared on the most suitable platforms where these prospects can be reached.
Apart from general guest content production, a content marketing agency can help you create videos, podcasts, infographics, case studies, press and news releases, interviews, and social media banners/captions.
Imagine how much time it would take you to do this all by yourself and without perhaps the right tools and knowledge. You’re better off investing that time in the activities you’re good at that give your business a positive ROI and leave the content marketing and distribution to the experts.
Because varied and strategically branded content formats will positively reflect in your online presence and inbound conversions.
Producing and distributing streamlined, cost-effective, unique, and targeted content that builds your brand online and helps attract customers is not an easy task that can be executed quickly. It requires strategic planning throughout the year according to seasons, events, festivals, and trends and needs to be consistent to establish your brand in the competitive internet market. You might want to learn a bit about digital marketing to better understand the dynamics of it all via the free SeekaHost University courses accessible via seekahost.app